Currently, we are looking for interns who are interested in the positions of publishing assistant or design assistant from December 2016 onwards. If you are considering a career in publishing, you will be able to gain valuable insights about the industry and make a more informed career choice. To get the most of these programmes, we require applicants to be able to commit to a minimum of 3 months.
Publishing assistant (intern)
This training programme enables the publishing assistant to understand the operations of a publishing firm and the life cycle of a book, spanning the manuscripts evaluation stage to the post-launch stage.
- Evalution of submitted manuscripts
- Involvement in the pre-print processes which includes copyediting, design, layout, proofreading of accepted manuscripts
- Management of our social media channels and online store
- Preparation and conduct of direct and online sales
Design assistant (intern)
This training programme is customised in order to provide ample opportunities for the intern to develop and apply his or her visual communication skills in these different areas of training.
- Conceptualise books covers and book layouts for upcoming titles
- Design and execute marketing campaigns for new/existing books and events through various social media platforms
- Create new content for the company’s website and social media platforms
- Design collaterals and promotional materials for direct sales event
Applicants should preferably have experience in design software such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
Sounds great! How do I apply?
You can either submit your application here or send it via the enquiry form here.