Aesop Women's Library
Ethos Books is excited to be a part of the Aesop Women's Library this year. From 20th to 24th April 2022, visit either the VivoCity or Marina Bay Sands Aesop stores to pick up a complimentary book of your choice— no purchase required!
Over the course of the five days, instead of Aesop products, the shelves of Aesop VivoCity and Aesop Marina Bay Sands will be filled entirely with books by predominantly Southeast Asian authors who identify as women and allies. The selection—composed of recommendations from four collaborating publishing houses who champion local literary voices—is sprawling in genre and spirit: from emerging voices to seasoned authors, and short stories to novels and poetry.
Aesop has purchased over 50 titles of poetry, fiction and non-fiction from Ethos Books, Epigram, Math Paper Press and Sea Breeze Books. Come by this April to discover a new title, new author, or a new perspective.
Additionally, as a soundtrack of sorts to the Women’s Library, an audio collage will be broadcast in the two signature stores and available to listen to online. An extension of Aesop’s global Sounds of sisterhood initiative—a soundscape created to coincide with International Women’s Day, featuring recorded messages from colleagues and collaborators—the mix will bring together the voices of Asian women and allies, sharing stories of affection, wisdom and the multifaceted nature of womanhood. For this iteration of Sounds of sisterhood, Aesop is collaborating with Singaporean artist Weish, whose own music incorporates layers of live loops, vocals and experimental instrumentation. The complete list of featured titles and the full Sounds of sisterhood mix can be found on aesop.com.
1 Harbourfront Walk
Aesop Marina Bay Sands
B2-90A, The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands
2 Bayfront Ave
Featured Ethos titles:
- GAZE BACK by Marylyn Tan
- A Place for Us by Cassandra Chiu
- Loss Adjustment by Linda Collins
- The Magic Circle by Charmaine Chan
- 17A Keong Saik Road by Charmaine Leung
- Growing Up Perempuan edited by Margaret Thomas and Filzah Sumartono
- Blood: Collected Stories by Noelle Q. de Jesus
- Making Kin: Ecofeminist Essays from Singapore edited by Esther Vincent and Angelia Poon
- The Orchid Folios by Mok Zining
- Lancing Girls of a Happy World by Adeline Foo
- Never Before—50 Essential Poems / 不可预期—诗精50首 edited by Ang Lai Sheng, Ang Jin Yong and Tan Boon Hui
- The Gods Will Hear Us Eventually by Jinny Koh
- Notes After Terawih by Ziks
- When a Flower Dies by Josephine Chia
- Common Life by Ho Chee Lick and Ann Lee Tzu Pheng
- First Fires by Jinat Rehana Begum
- Red Earth by Esther Vincent